First installation of Safetica server and clients
Modified on: Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 4:21 PM
First installation of Safetica server and clients|
|Follow these steps when you are installing Safetica for the first time, and you want to install and configure Safetica server and first clients.|
First step is to install Safetica on the server:
Then please run the Safetica Console and go through the initial configuration and deployment of endpoints:
- Download the Safetica installation package:
- Run the installation file and select Automatic installation (recommended).
Tip: If you already have an SQL server in place, choose Manual installation to install each component separatelly and connect Safetica to your server.
- Click Next to confirm the License Agreement, Hardware requirements and SQL Server license terms.
- Click Install on the Ready to install screen to start the automatic installation of MS SQL Express server, Safetica Server and Safetica Console.
- The installation can take up to 30 minutes in some cases. Once the process is finished, please restart your server as required by the MS SQL Server installation.
Once you finish the intitial setup, you will be able to access all features in Safetica Console, configure Safetica on endpoints and view data from the endpoints. We recommend to start exploring Safetica with the Auditor module, which contains all monitoring features and audit logs. This will give you a good basis for understanding and managing Safetica.
- Run Safetica Console. The initial setup will start automatically.
- Check the SMTP server configuration (a general Gmail account is used by default) and enter your Administrator password. This will be used to access Safetica Console in the future.
Note: The password cannot be recovered if lost.
- Import Active Directory if needed. If you don't have a domain set up in your network you can skip this step.
- Click Get Downloader Agent, and run this file on at least one endpoint. You will need to distribute this file to all endpoints that will be protected by Safetica.
Note: All further actions on endpoints will be done remotely using the Downloader Agent.
Tip: You can deploy Download Agent to your endpoints in domain using a GPO policy. For more details see User Manual.
- Once you have Safetica Downloader Agent installed on at least one computer, you will see this computer in Safetica Console.
- Click Automatically enroll endpoints. Safetica Client will be installed onto all available endpoints with Safetica Downloader Agent.
Note: Restart of the endpoint is required to finish the installation.
- Proceed to the next step and enter your Safetica license key.
- Select your preferred default profile, and then click Start protection.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.