How to update Safetica 6.x or older to Safetica 7.3
Modified on: Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 4:28 PM
|How to update Safetica 6.x or older to Safetica 7.3|
|Please follow these recommendations in case you have any version of Safetica 6 or older and you want to update to the latest version of Safetica. These steps will ensure that you transition the server and all clients to the latest version without loss of client connectivity or any other side effects.|
A. Update Safetica server and database to version 7.2
- Open Safetica Console.
- Go to Maintenance - Update.
- In section Update options, paste the following URL into Use temporary URL field and then click Use:
- Confirm the update prompts to update your Safetica Server and Console to version 7.2.
B. Update Safetica clients in your network to version 7.2
- In Safetica Console go to Maintenance - Update and Deploy.
- Click Install version 7.2.26 on endpoints.
- Select computers that you want to update.
Important: Always update a limited number of clients first and verify all functionality before updating all clients. Changes in system integration, client configuration and other circumstances may require review of settings in Safetica after an update if you encounter unexpected behavior.
- Click OK to confirm the list of computers to be updated. An update task will be sent to these stations. You can track the progress in Endpoint management view.
- A restart of endpoints is required to finish the update.
C. Update server and clients to Safetica 7.3Once all Safetica clients in the network are updated, you can repeat the update process to the latest available Safetica version, that is offered automatically in Safetica Console. For step-by-step guide of the process see article How to update Safetica server and clients to a new version.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.